National Apprenticeship Week (NAW 2016) is co-ordinated by the National Apprenticeship Service and is designed to celebrate apprenticeships and the positive impact they have on individuals, businesses and the wider economy.
National Apprenticeship Week 2016 will be from 14 to 18 March
National Apprenticeship Week 2016 is all about ‘rising to the top’.
Apprenticeships – key facts:
- 1,300 businesses are now involved in designing the new apprenticeship standards
- 1,500 different apprenticeships on offer in more than 170 industries
- the government invested £1,559,771 in apprenticeships during the 2014 to 2015 academic year
- businesses report an average increase in productivity by £214 a week when they hire apprentices
- up to 28,000 quality apprenticeship vacancies are available online at any one time at find an apprenticeship
The Pledge-o-meter, an online tool for businesses to share their apprenticeship and traineeship pledges in the run up to National Apprenticeship Week is now live.
If you are running an event for National Apprenticeship Week, please submit information using the online form so that we can include it on our online events map and let everyone else know what you are doing.