The awards, now its 13th year, run by the National Apprenticeship Service, recognise excellence in two areas: businesses that grow their own talent with apprenticeships and apprentices who have made a significant contribution to their workplaces. The National Apprenticeship Awards are held annually and hosted by the National Apprenticeship Service, which manages and funds apprenticeships in England from within the Skills Funding Agency.
The Awards recognise the achievements of employers in England that use apprenticeships to improve business performance, as well as the hard work and commitment of young people currently on, or who have completed, an Apprenticeship.
The categories for 2016 are:
- Small Employer of the Year
- Medium Employer of the Year
- Large Employer of the Year
- Macro Employer of the Year
- Newcomer SME of the Year (1-249 Employees)
- Newcomer Large of the Year (250+ Employees)
- Intermediate Apprentice of the Year
- Advanced Apprentice of the Year
- Higher Apprentice of the Year
- Apprenticeship Champion of the Year
The Awards include prizes, accolades and attendance at a celebratory ceremony towards the end of the year. Apprentices and employers throughout England are eligible to enter.
The deadline for entries is 20 May 2016.
To find out more and apply visit the National Apprenticeship Awards website.